Portugal. Gambling Regulator Portugal – Serviço Regulação e Inspeção de Jogos ( SRIJ), responsible for the whole sphere of gambling in the country, including land-based casinos and online gambling. Also note for visitors to our online gambling directory that the most popular gambling in the country, of course, are the lottery. Also enjoyed great success and sports betting.As of January 2018, all forms of gambling are legal in
Online gambling in Portugal
In Portugal, all forms of online gambling are also legitimate. Portuguese laws online gambling are in strict accordance with European standards, admitting liberalized market with a diverse offering of gambling. Online casino games, online poker and online sports betting is very popular among the inhabitants of the country.
List of Top 10 Portuguese Online Casino Sitescasino morongo california craps rule - casino gambling online poker slot - soaring eagle casino mt pleasant - casino betting - how to download high casino on kindle - horse shoe casino
Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
Get up to €140 Welcome Bonus
100% up to €4000 - EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
100% first deposit bonus up to €200 free with bonus code WELCOME777
100 free spins at Casumo Casino
We’ll double your first deposit with a 100% up to $100 Welcome Bonus
GET YOUR $1600 FREE
Get your €3,200 WELCOME BONUS
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
300% up to $3,200
GET YOUR $1000 FREE
Get Your €5000 Welcome Bonus
Get your 200% up to €400
Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
$5,000 BONUS on your first 5 deposits - !EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
$2500 BONUS!!! FREE SPINS INCLUDED!
WELCOME PACKAGE - 100 FREE SPINS + $2500 BONUS
WELCOME BONUS $777 FREE on your first three deposits
$3,750 Casino Welcome Bonus
400% BONUS UP TO $3,000 FREE
$50 FREE CHIP [code: SILVER50] OR
400$ Welcome Bonus
Get up to $3000 in Welcome Bonuses
Sites online casinos that accept players from Portugal
See a list of online casino sites that accept players from Portugal, and offering high-quality and safe games. Here you will find a wide range of entertainment from slot machines to casino games live from such famous software vendors as NetEnt, Merkur, IGT, Novoline, Microgaming, Betsoft, Rival Gaming , and many others.
You can also read our reviews of online casino sites, to be aware of the best online promotions, bonuses and payment options available to players from Portugal.
Gambling in Portugal
Portugal – is the sea and football, wine and fine weather. They come here to spend a great holiday, but also to plunge into the abyss of excitement in one of the biggest casinos in Europe. His next stop CasinoToplists makes in an old and beautiful Lisbon – Portugal‘s capital.
Summary of the article:
- Portugal – where there is also a bit of history;
- land-based casinos are legalized;
- outside the major cities;
- Online Casino From 2003 to 2012 only local company Santa Casa de Misericordia de Lisboa;
- from 2012 open access to international operators.
- Five sights of Lisbon the capital of Portugal with addresses;
- Interesting facts about Portugal and residents.
Location Portugal and brief historical background
Traditionally the study of the gambling sector in the country will begin with an introduction to the state, its structure and features.
Although people in this part of Europe, by the way, the most western, lived long before our era, the foundations were laid by the Portuguese state in the XI century. For that to happen, the residents of the western part of the Iberian Peninsula have experienced the power of Lusitanian, Romans, Visigoths and Arabs. From the Spanish county crystallized separate state – Portugal, a member today to the EU and Schengen zone.
Today, Portugal is a parliamentary republic in which they live almost 11 million people. Here are 2 official languages - Portuguese and miransky. The head of state is the president, in 2014 the position occupies Aníbal Cavaco Silva.
Continental Portugal is divided into 18 districts, and the country belong to the 2 autonomous regions – Madeira and the Azores.
Casino and gambling in Portugal
Gambling people with special awe belong to Portugal, because the casino there, a lot of them, they smartly decorated and offer plenty of opportunities to have fun.
As in all EU countries, are all gambling activities is managed by the state and is strictly controlled. This includes not only the opening and maintenance of the casino, but all gambling. Locals like to raise the level of adrenaline in the blood, they are at the casino as much as tourists. The owners of the casino with trepidation relate to guests, because in spite of the rather imposing taxes, they get excellent returns.
While playing in Portugal, it seemed, from the beginning of time, specialized institutions began to open only in the XIX century. The first casino was opened in Fuzheyra da Foz – a charming and picturesque town. But the very gambling establishment has worked smoothly until the change of power, just a few years.
The new power over time has shown loyalty that has made poker , roulette and slot machines available, everywhere. Special restrictions on territorial organization are not imposed, so casinos began to open in different cities. The first took the baton in Espinho and Povoa de Varzim.
When the power again and replaced at the helm became António Salazar earned 2 more gambling houses. At this time, the location of the particular thought. One casino running on the picturesque Madeira, another – in Estoril, practically in the Lisbon. From the center of the capital to this modern institution of only 15 km , so that residents and visitors can enjoy the main city at any time. The international airport is also only 15 km away .
Casino was called by name the district – ” Estoril “. The convenient location has brought him half success. The place itself is very picturesque as it is located on the shore of the bay of Cascais. Territory groomed and luxurious, and has the game and relaxed pastime.
By the way, “Estoril” the largest casino is not only in Portugal but also in Europe. Bond fans will be interested to know that this is one of the favorite places of Ian Fleming. He argued that his idea to write a novel “Casino Royale” was born here. So the advent of the James Bond series of spy and all we owe it to the Portuguese casinos.
“Estoril” has its own fleet, as well as an art gallery. On the territory of the casino every year film festival is held in November. All year round there are the stars of the world stage, hosts jazz concerts, a live music and singing in many languages. Here are held poker tournaments.
Online games in Portugal
Real casino in Portugal and there is a virtual alternative. From 2003 to 2012 the monopoly belonged exclusively local company Santa Casa de Misericordia de Lisboa.
But in 2012, the government opened the border for foreign operators. By 2014, the license received many well-known brands, so you can play legally not leaving because of a computer, laptop or mobile phone.
- St. George’s Castle . Address: Rua de Santa Cruz do Castelo, 1100-129 Lisboa. This is a historic center of Lisbon, well-preserved castle, which is visible from any point of the capital. The oldest elements of the fortifications were built in VI century. Up until the XII century, it was the residence of the Moorish emir.
- The Calouste Gulbenkian Museum . Address: Av. de Berna 45A, 1067-001 Lisboa. Private Collection oil magnate of Armenian origin, transmitted to the State, Bole contains 6000 objects of art. In addition to the collection of painting is antique furniture, statues, jewelry, antique ceramics and works of applied art.
- Lisbon Oceanarium . Address: Esplanada Dom Carlos I, s / n, 1990-005 Lisboa. In the original building, similar to the carrier at the pier, you can see over 450 species of marine inhabitants.
- Santa Justa Lift . Address: Rua do Ouro, 1150-060 Lisboa. This elevator lifts, running since 1902, it allows you to get up and lowland Baishi in high Chiado.
- Tower of Belém . Address: Avenida Brasília, 1400-038 Lisboa. Fort XVI century, perfectly preserved and is one of the most romantic buildings of the capital. The tower stands on the Tagus river island in honor of the opening of the route to India by Vasco da Gama.
Interesting facts about Portugal and Portuguese
- Portuguese matriarchal family.
- Main religion – Catholicism (96%).
- Portuguese – passionate soccer fans, football club in every city, even in the small.
- The Portuguese language has official status in 9 countries.
- In Portugal, there are very strict rules of the road.
- The country has a very high level of medical care.
- Portuguese – very funny and cheerful people, they love the humor and jokes, but somewhat rude. Subtle English humor is not honored.
- 90% of the population of Portugal is Portuguese.
- Two-thirds of the population live on the coast.
- Lisbon 2 million lives. When the country’s population of 11 million.
- The most popular names in Portugal – Joao Maria for men and for women.
- More than half of the population is one of the 7 names: Silva Ferreira, Santos Oliveira, Pereira, Rodriguez Costa.
- Portuguese name consists of 4 words: 1 and 2 personal names, the name of mom and dad.
Portugal on the map of Europe
- 1 Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
- 2 Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
- 3 Gambling in Portugal