Online gambling in Armenia is allowed and actively thriving, as all types of gambling on the Internet are legally legal under the law of online gambling of Armenia. In the country there are both local online operators working under the state license, and foreign ones.
Since many Armenian citizens speak Russian, they can afford to enjoy online gambling on offshore online gambling sites offering their services in Russian. However, foreign sites in other languages are also popular among Armenian gamers. Mobile gambling is also very popular in Armenia, as the level of ownership of various mobile devices is constantly growing. We note in our online catalog of gambling that in general the country is extremely favorable for the development of ground and online gambling.
List of Top 10 Armenian Online Casino Sites
Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
Get up to €140 Welcome Bonus
Play 888 Casino
18+, T&C's apply
100% up to €4000 - EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
100% first deposit bonus up to €200 free with bonus code WELCOME777
Play 777 Casino
18+, T&C's apply
100 free spins at Casumo Casino
We’ll double your first deposit with a 100% up to $100 Welcome Bonus
GET YOUR $1600 FREE
Get your €3,200 WELCOME BONUS
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
300% up to $3,200
GET YOUR $1000 FREE
Get Your €5000 Welcome Bonus
Get your 200% up to €400
Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2019:
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
$5,000 BONUS on your first 5 deposits - !EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
$2500 BONUS!!! FREE SPINS INCLUDED!
WELCOME PACKAGE - 100 FREE SPINS + $2500 BONUS
WELCOME BONUS $777 FREE on your first three deposits
$3,750 Casino Welcome Bonus
400% BONUS UP TO $3,000 FREE
$50 FREE CHIP [code: SILVER50] OR
400$ Welcome Bonus
Get up to $3000 in Welcome Bonuses
Gambling in Armenia
The history of the gambling industry of Armenia dates back to the 20th century. In 1936 Armenia became the Soviet Republic. The only legal types of gambling in the country at that time were betting on races and the State Lottery. In fact, Armenia has stepped into the gambling industry after the collapse of the Soviet Union. The first gambling halls in the country were opened in 1990, and the first casino appeared in 1991.
Dozens of gambling establishments operate in Armenia today, including bingo halls, casinos, bookmakers, etc. All of them operate on the basis of licenses issued by the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Armenia. One of the leading gambling companies is Vivaro Betting, founded in 2008. Among other market participants are Totto Gaming, Goodwin-Bet and Yntanekan Loto. Despite serious resistance of the gambling operators, in 2014 the Armenian Parliament passed a law that agreed that all casinos in the country should be in tourist zones, such as Jermuk, Tsakhkadzor, Sevan, etc.
Armenia Online Casinos and Gambling
Armenia is an original and ancient country with an unforgettable color and fascinating nature. It combines a careful attitude to historical roots and modernity and new technologies. Of course, resting in Armenia, it is worth to taste the best cognac in the world and to spend time in chic casinos. CasinoToplists decided to figure out how things really are with gambling in modern Armenia online and in terrestrial casinos.
Casino in Armenia:
- Online casinos are legally licensed from licensed operators in Armenia;
- Foreign online operators without a license at the moment are not prohibited. You can play;
- At the moment, the bill on toughening access to foreign operators is being discussed;
- If you are a beginner, for you are brief rules on how to start playing online;
- History and location of Armenia;
- The most famous land casinos: “Senator”, “Shangri La”;
- Interesting facts about Armenia and Armenians;
Armenia is an original and ancient country with an unforgettable color and fascinating nature. It combines a careful attitude to historical roots and modernity and new technologies. Of course, resting in Armenia, it is worth to taste the best cognac in the world and to spend time in chic casinos. CasinoToplists decided to figure out how things really are with gambling in modern Armenia, both in land and in online casinos .
Laws of Armenia on gambling – historical background
|Year||Laws and changes|
|1921 – 1928||Armenia is part of the ZFSFR and then the USSR. The gambling business in the country is allowed.Since 1928, the ban on the entire territory of the USSR.|
|1936||Armenia in the USSR as a union republic. The racecourse in Yerevan and the lottery are allowed.|
|1991||Law on Licensing: Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Armenia No. 161. Opening of the 1st casino in Yerevan. Licenses are issued by the Ministry of Finance.|
|1992||The law on income tax -70% of casino revenues gives to the state.|
|1998||The law “On Fixed Payments” – to organize gambling in the country becomes easier and more profitable.|
|2000||President Robert Kocharian signed Law No. 102 “On Winning Games and Gaming Houses” – the gambling industry is developing and expanding. License for the opening of a gaming house or a gaming hall. You can play from 21 years.|
|2001||The law “On licensing” – obtaining a license is based on a complicated scheme, gambling is reduced.|
|2004||The law “On games with a win and gambling houses.” The fixed return of the slot machine is 86%.Distance of the casino to the capital of Yerevan is at least 50 km.|
|2016 – 2017||Amendments to the law on duties. The increase in the cost of a license for online bookmakers is 5 times (it was $ 207,000, it was $ 1 million). Deputy. Minister of Finance of Armenia Pavel Safaryan presented a draft law on licensing the activities of foreign gambling online gambling operators. At the moment the law is under consideration.|
What do these laws actually mean for the player?
- If you play in an online casino in Armenia, which has an official license of this country – your activity is absolutely legal.
- You can play on the sites of foreign operators, since this is not currently prohibited and is not actually tracked. Therefore, you can choose any casino with an official international license.
- If the law on licensing of foreign operators is still adopted, it is likely that access to international casinos without a corresponding license will be closed.
What ends discussions about licensing of foreign casinos is not yet clear, but while any Armenian can safely enjoy playing in their favorite online casinos and not be afraid that access will be closed and he will not be able to get his winnings.
How to start playing online casino in Armenia?
- Choose a casino . The main criterion is reliability, license and good reviews. We recommend the casino, which passed the test – to do this, pay attention to the column on the right.
- We carefully study the casino . If you decide to play for money, you should first find out about your rights and rules. All information is in the online casino sites in the public domain. Pay special attention to the following points:
- Availability of license, addresses and contacts of the casino (telephone, chat);
- Reviews of players on the network (should be both positive and negative, otherwise it is most likely either PR, or the so-called “black” PR;
- Terms of bonuses and wager. What is a wager, you can find out here.
- The money question . Each foreign casino offers several options for entering and withdrawing funds.Specify, is there among them that which would be convenient for you. Pay attention to the currency in which the game can be played. And also attention to the terms and conditions of the withdrawal of the win (some casinos at large winnings transfer money in parts).
- Personal preferences :
- Casino design and convenient navigation;
- The presence of interesting games;
- Do I need to download the software and what are the technical characteristics of the computer?
- Is it possible to play for free in test mode?
- Loyalty system to the customer – bonuses, refunds and so on.
We recommend to play first in the test mode and carefully read the rules of the game. This is especially true for card games (baccarara, blackjack, etc.).
We remind you that for long distances the casino always remains in the win, but you always have the opportunity to spend interesting time and, maybe, you will be lucky. To better control your bankroll and extend the fun of the game, read our section on systems and game strategies.
The most famous casinos in Armenia
In Armenia, there are luxury casinos that provide guests with all the conditions for a comfortable game and even much more. Recent changes in the legislation did not change this circumstance.
The best gambling houses work outside of Yerevan, it is located along the road that leads to the international airport of Zvartnots.
Casino “Senator” is an entertainment complex in which there is a casino, a restaurant, a club and a lounge bar. An original show program is arranged for the guests. Every Saturday there are rallies. In the “Senator” you can play roulette, blackjack, several varieties of poker and slot machines.
Shangri La Casino is just 2 km from the metropolitan city limits. The institution keeps the bar of the most respectable, providing service at the level of international standards: dozens of gaming tables, VIP halls, hundreds of modern slots, three bars, a restaurant with Armenian and continental cuisine. Regular events and jokes are necessarily held.
Increasingly, institutions are shifting all the worries of the players. Not so long ago began to appear junket tours. Guests of the casino are offered for a certain amount of the deposit not only the transfer, accommodation and a certain number of chips, but also a rich excursion program.
Location of Armenia and a brief historical background
The Republic of Armenia is a small state by any measure, the territory is about 30 thousand square kilometers, and the population is only slightly more than 3 million. But how rich is the history of this corner of the planet!
Armenia is located in the Near East, in Transcaucasia. The nearest neighbors of the country are Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran, Nagorno-Karabakh. The capital is Yerevan, the state language is Armenian, but almost everyone speaks Russian fluently.
The location of Armenia is incredibly successful, the first traces of settlement date back to the period of 1.9 million years ago. Great Armenia was present on the map of Herodotus. For many centuries, the territory was part of various states and empires, but its modern borders the country acquired only in the twentieth century.In 1991 Armenia became an independent state – a presidential republic.
Armenia on the map of Asia
Sights of Yerevan
- Matenadaran . Address: 53 Mashtots Avenue, Yerevan 0009, Armenia.
- Park of lovers . Address: 21 Marshal Baghramyan Ave, Yerevan 0019, Armenia.
- The Blue Mosque . Address: 12 Mesrop Mashtots Ave, Yerevan 0015, Armenia.
- National History Museum of Armenia . Address: 4 Republic Square, Yerevan, Armenia.
- Victory Park . Address: Azatutyan Ave, Yerevan, Armenia.
Interesting facts about Armenia and Armenians
- Armenia is the first country in the world to accept Christianity as a state religion.
- The Armenian language belongs to a special group of languages - Paleobalkan. The only living, related language is Greek.
- The Armenian alphabet appeared before the Cyrillic alphabet. In 406 it was created by Mesrop Mashtots, and is considered one of the most perfect in the world (along with Korean and Georgian).
- Mount Ararat is a symbol of Armenia, but since 1921 it is located on the territory of Turkey.
- Armenian apples are a common name for apricots in Europe.
- Armenia is the birthplace of great generals. More than 80 warlords of Byzantium were Armenians. And one small village gave the USSR 2 generals and 11 heroes of the Soviet Union.
Casino of Armenia, the best real gambling establishments in Armenia
Each of the countries is good in its own way, and in each of them there is something to see and what to admire. And Armenia is not an exception in this regard. Once in this republic, each of the tourists will find an occupation for themselves: someone will be able to contemplate its sights, and someone will prefer excursions to leisure in entertainment establishments, for example, in a casino.
In total, there are eight casinos in Armenia. These are gambling establishments Flamingo, Pharaoh, Shangri La, Senator and others. In each of these gambling establishments, players are offered a huge assortment of gambling games and high-quality service.
For example, the casino << Shangri La Yerevan >> is one of the most modern gambling establishments in the republic. The entrance to this casino is $ 100 (a pass is given only to people over 21 years of age), but this money does not just make up the cost of the entrance ticket: they are exchanged for chips, which can then be played. The casino includes several gaming halls, an exquisite restaurant << Michelangelo Launch >>, a CW club for VIP players. The casino regularly hosts various lotteries and tournaments with cash winnings, a system of club cards that grant the right to additional service (free kitchen, free entrance, etc.).
The casino building is located on the 10 km of Yerevan-Sevan highway, which can be called one of the most picturesque places in Armenia. On the territory of the Shangri La entertainment complex there is a parking lot for cars, designed for 100 cars. Therefore, worry about where to leave the transport players do not have to. You can reach the casino by taxi.
If you want, you can use the services of the institution and apply for a game tour. It includes free travel to the casino (including flights from other countries with visa), free hotel room, VIP service, 10% daily return loss and much more.
Other casinos in Armenia
A gaming tour in the Armenian casino is also offered by the gambling establishment “Sun Palace” , located in Yerevan. In this casino you can have fun with such gambling as roulette, Black jack, bones, baccarat, Caribbean and Russian poker, video poker, there are over 100 slot machines, etc. For fans of the game at large rates, the VIP room works.
All the winnings in this casino are paid by the institution’s administration in the currency the player chooses (euro, rubles).A security escort can be provided.
In addition to gambling, the tour includes a sightseeing tour around Yerevan and an excursion to Lake Sevan.
But the casino “Senator” is on the border of Argavand and with. Tayrov. In this casino of Armenia, as well as the choice of clients, a huge choice of entertainment is offered in several gaming halls, places for rest, a bar. And recently, in this entertainment complex, a new restaurant has started to work, in which you can taste dishes of Armenian, Iranian and Russian cuisine.
Everything would be fine, but in the next 2013, the casino Armenia decided to transfer to the special gambling zones already stipulated by the legislation. And from the beginning of the new year, gambling will be possible only in the administrative boundaries of the communities of Jermuk, Tsakhkadzor and Sevan.
Obligatory conditions for the location of the casino will be remoteness from hospitals, government agencies, educational institutions and cultural and historical monuments for a distance of 500 meters and more, as well as the agreed size of the area of gambling establishments: for a casino, it should be from 250 square meters, and for games with a win – not less than 100 square meters. The initiator of the change of casino location is the Ministry of Finance of Armenia.
- 1 Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
- 2 Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2019:
- 3 Armenia Online Casinos and Gambling
- 3.1 How to start playing online casino in Armenia?
- 4 Casino of Armenia, the best real gambling establishments in Armenia