Since 1948, in Denmark, there was a monopoly in the field of gambling, which was owned by the state company under the name of Danske Spil. Not surprisingly, the country flourished underground gambling establishments, but in 1990 in Denmark, there was a casino legalization. Although Danske Spil still retains a monopoly on lotteries and horse racing, greyhound racing, and pigeon racing, the organization of other vidiv gambling became available to private companies, but with some limitations: foreign companies can open a casino in the country only to create a joint a company with a Danish partner, for example, the property owner.
Note for visitors to our online gambling directory that to date, all forms of gambling in Denmark are considered to be legal. The law on gambling in Denmark prescribed all the rules of functioning of the Danish gambling market. Supervise the execution of this law, and also deals with issues of gambling licensing The Danish Gambling (Spillemyndigheden).
Online Gambling in Denmark
January 1, 2012 was a turning point in the history of online gambling in Denmark. From that day came into force a new law regulating gambling in the country. Despite the fact that Danske Spil has retained a partial monopoly on certain types of gambling, private companies and individuals have become available license sites online gamblingin Denmark, in particular, the online betting on sports sites and online casino sites. In accordance with the law on online gambling in Denmark, to a foreign operator of gambling could provide services to online gambling in the country, it needs to take a test and obtain a license in Denmark, as well as to pay a certain fee.
Already in the first year of the entry into force of the new law license received 25 providers of online casinos, including some of the leading international operators such as 888, Bwin and Ladbrokes. At the same time, the Government is constantly engaged in the fight against unlicensed online gambling sites in Denmark, which get blacklisted and blocked.
List of Top 10 Danish Online Casino Sites
Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
Get up to €140 Welcome Bonus
Play 888 Casino
18+, T&C's apply
100% up to €4000 - EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
100% first deposit bonus up to €200 free with bonus code WELCOME777
Play 777 Casino
18+, T&C's apply
100 free spins at Casumo Casino
We’ll double your first deposit with a 100% up to $100 Welcome Bonus
GET YOUR $1600 FREE
Get your €3,200 WELCOME BONUS
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
300% up to $3,200
GET YOUR $1000 FREE
Get Your €5000 Welcome Bonus
Get your 200% up to €400
Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
$5,000 BONUS on your first 5 deposits - !EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
$2500 BONUS!!! FREE SPINS INCLUDED!
WELCOME PACKAGE - 100 FREE SPINS + $2500 BONUS
WELCOME BONUS $777 FREE on your first three deposits
$3,750 Casino Welcome Bonus
400% BONUS UP TO $3,000 FREE
$50 FREE CHIP [code: SILVER50] OR
400$ Welcome Bonus
Get up to $3000 in Welcome Bonuses
Gambling in Denmark
Denmark Scandinavia called the pearl is not simply this: a small area of the country the number of natural and historical treasures just rolls over. SasinoToplists tell you about the most important features of Denmark, as well as the attitude of the Danes to gambling.
Summary of the article:
- Denmark – a little bit of geography and history;
- Land-based casinos in the country at the moment:
- Foreign companies must have a local orchestra in organization of gambling games;
- The entrance ticket to the casino.
- Casino Six countries are located in Aalborg, Orhusskae, Clamps, Odense, Helsingor and, of course, in the capital, Copenhagen;
- Five sights of Copenhagen the capital of Denmark with the addresses;
- Interesting facts about Denmark and the Danes.
Location of Denmark and a small historical reference
Denmark called the Kingdom of Denmark is correct. It is a country in Northern Europe and is the southernmost of the Scandinavian countries. The country is located on the peninsula of Jutland and on the smaller islands of the archipelago, and also includes the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
Denmark has so far remained a constitutional monarchy, and it should be noted at the time the country was a very powerful kingdom – until the 19th century Danish kings “held in his fist,” the whole of Northern Europe. Now the Faroe Islands and Greenland have a high degree of independence and self-government. Since 1972, the Danish rules the 54-th queen named Margrethe II.
Casinos and Gambling in Denmark
Legalization of casinos in the country occurred in 1990 and in it lay the foundation principle of the license for foreign operators. The main condition for issuance of a license – a foreign operator of gambling services is to create a Danish company in conjunction with the existing Danish company. The most convenient way to create such partnerships at the base of any of the hotel, which is what happened.
Fully comply with the Danish side could such operators as “Holland Casino” from the neighboring Netherlands, “Bad Neuenahr” from Germany, “Casinos Austria” from Austria . The tax rate in the state is high, depending on the casino profits it starts from 45% of annual turnover.
At the moment, the country has 6 major casinos. They are located in Aalborg, Orhusskae, Clamps, Odense, Helsingor and, of course, in the capital, Copenhagen.
Casino Copenhagen. Common rules in the casino quite meet European casino starts at 14.00 and ends at 4.00. Visit the casino can only be at the age of 18, so you need to have a passport.
Another nuance – at the entrance you will be asked to pay the entrance fee. Day ticket costs 95 Danish kroner (approximately € 12), one week – 265, and in the year 2.095 DKK. In the summer, you can visit the casino in shorts and shales, but sports clothes here are not welcome.
Just when the game of poker in a casino should not wear glasses, use the iPod and wearing t-shirts without sleeves. But during the world series of poker such as WPT and other major competition rules regarding the appearance of a more democratic.
Overall, casinos in Copenhagen is very popular and in great demand. It has everything what can only wish the soul of a gambler: Roulette (European and American), all kinds of slot machines (140 options), tables for poker , blackjack , and Punto of Banco .
Apart from the standard walk in the city center with the traditional inspection Hall, adjacent areas, and the monument to the Little Mermaid, Copenhagen offers to visit and unique attractions.
- Museum «Believe It or Not!». Address: the R å dhuspladsen , 57. In this unusual museum under the intriguing sign “Believe it or not believe it!” A collection Leroy Ripley – traveler and collector. Over the years, hundreds of travels around the world he has accumulated a lot of amazing things. Here you will find a match of the Taj Mahal, the skeleton of a mammoth, a harp, playing without strings and even the sea just funny.
- “Experimentarium” museum. Address: Tuborg Havnevej, 7, Hellerup. If you are traveling with children or just want to understand all the same physical laws – it’s just the perfect place. There is a polygraph machine to call a hurricane and an earthquake, and many other attractions. All exhibits can be touched.
- Museum “Guinness”. Address: Østergade 16. This museum needs no introduction, as the Guinness records about everyone knows. But when you read just about any record, sometimes it is very difficult to imagine. Here you can find more than 500 exhibits of the most interesting records, and the “exhibition Mystic Exploratorie» you can catch your shadow, swap heads with opposite sitting person and even to sit in the electric chair.
- Park “Tivoli” amusement. Address: Vesterbrogade 3. This amusement park is the oldest in the world and, by the way, he inspired once Walt Disney to create Disneyland network. There is no supernavorochennogo attractions, but there is a very cozy atmosphere of celebration and joy.
- “Erotica” museum. Address: Kobmagergade 24. This is the first erotic museum in the world, he appeared in 1992. Here you can trace the history of attitudes towards eroticism since ancient Rome and India until the present day. There are paintings, sculptures, photographs and videos, as well as erotic lingerie and all sorts of devices from sadomasochistic direction. Login for obvious reasons, with 18 years, but students with a discount of 50%.
Interesting facts about Denmark and the Danes
- The working day starts early – as early as 8 am, the Danes go to work, and at 16.00 are exempt. Shops also closed very early, so the Danes made the main products purchased over the weekend;
- Denmark has a very high tax – an average of 43%. It depends on the level of income of the citizen and of the benefits that are due to him;
- At work, every Dane gets three meals a day. The Danish campaign, company or organization traditionally has its own dining room and cooks;
- Danish men performing housework equally with women. They wash the floors, take care of children and do not mind to cook something tasty.
- Real estate in Denmark are relatively expensive and thus often of poor quality. The curves of the walls, and sometimes not the best planning is taking place in most apartments.
- In Denmark, free medical care, at the same time to each family doctor attached a certain number of patients. This is done on a territorial basis, and if you are going to move, and then the doctor will have to change;
- Denmark – Bicycle nation. They are very loved and cherished.
Denmark on the map of Europe
Gambling in casinos in Denmark
On the example of Denmark, you can see which path should follow, if the task is to create a really attractive gambling industry. The Danes, despite the relatively calm temperament, does not mind to spend time in the casino, and for that they have every opportunity.
We can not say if the casino in Denmark, at every step, it is not. The country has only 7 operators who regulator issued licenses, and two applications are pending. However, even the casino, that is, enough to satisfy the gambling preferences of the Danes. By the way, in Denmark, it is home to about 5 million people, and 7 casino barely cope with the influx of visitors. And if you are lucky enough to visit this wonderful country, be sure to visit one of there the casino. Gambling establishments are often located in the historical quarter, the hotel building, and interesting even just to visit.
In Aarhus, the second largest city in Denmark, operates one of the most beautiful Danish casino. It is known not only for its elegant interiors, but also quality of service. The building is also located and luxurious hotel Hotel Royal, which like to stay celebrities and rich people. In the area of the hotel there are numerous historical sites. There is also a well-known and the Latin Quarter with its river cafes and shops.
As for the available games in the casino are located a few tables to bet at roulette, blackjack and poker jokes. In the halls you can find 80 first-class machines. Often the walls of the casino hosts major poker tournaments.
The attractive Denmark, it’s the fact that each of its city, and not only the capital, is able to captivate tourists. One would assume that all the casinos are located in Copenhagen, but it is not. One of the most enjoyable gambling successfully operates in the city of Aalborg. Needless casino located in the hotel building in the central part of the city and around are always full of life. Many clubs, cozy pubs and small restaurants will not get bored fans of nightlife. In the casino you can play several types of roulette, poker and other card games. Also available in more than 30 slots, including progressive jackpots.
However, Denmark’s largest casino located in its capital. It opened in 1990 on the eve of the New Year and was the first legal gambling establishment in the country. If you need a maximum choice of casino entertainment, then you need to start looking for it to Copenhagen. Several dozens of gaming tables and more than a hundred slots allow to find a game to your liking. By the way, the biggest poker events are often organized within the walls of this institution. Casino is housed in one of the best hotels Radisson Blu Scandinavia capital.
Online gambling in Denmark
These findings can be explained by the fact that the Danish population shorter working hours, but, nevertheless, the average level of income – the highest in the world.
It looks like a formula for success (if it exists at all), but the Danes did not spend all their free time for the gathering of Lego.
High income people in this country contribute to a sharp increase in the popularity of online gambling.
Prior to January 1, 2012 the state-owned Danske Spil was the one who owned the license for the organization and carrying out of rates. The rest of the Danish and foreign companies were not allowed to offer gambling entertainment and sports betting. But the local government has been forced to change this state of affairs, because the law does not work properly, and more than 400 web sites of sports betting to take bets from the Danes. Many resources are even offered the Danish language to make it easier for users betting process.
New laws allow to provide its services to companies such as Ladbrokes and the bet365, although the state retained the monopoly on bets on the races of animals and gambling, which are based on pure luck. Refers to games such as scratch cards and bingo, where the player does not use a strategy or skill and relies only on occasion.
Despite the loss of exclusive rights to organize and conduct gambling company Danske Spil revenues increased significantly after the change of the legislation, and it is now divided into two companies: Danske Lotteri Spil and Danske Licens Spil. The latter covers the online gaming sector and has recently recorded an increase in revenues by 60% compared to last year.
Today, the Danes have a lot of opportunities for gambling. They can play games such as online poker against other players around the world. But the Danish government scrupulously applies to advertising and licensing companies located abroad is governed by strict rules.
Like most Europeans, the Danes love football and put on a lot of the domestic Super League team. The English Premier League is also very popular due to the fact that it is often shown on the Danish Satellite (Danes can see 280 of 380 matches per season).
Recently, increased interest in golf, mainly thanks to the success of Thomas Bern. Young player Torbjörn Olesen, apparently, will contribute to the interest of fans. Handball and badminton achieved sustained success, along with world-class cyclist who won prizes in the bicycle race “Tour de France”.
The Danes also massively addicted to poker. online poker’s popularity began to grow rapidly after the victory in the championship of poker Gus Hansen in the early 2000s. In Denmark, a lot of professional poker players, the country ranks 25th in the world ranking WSOP. Gambling Community Denmark prefers time-tested poker sites such as Party Poker.
The future of gambling in Denmark
Gambling in Denmark began to develop rapidly after the introduction of new laws last year’s gross revenues of the gambling sector amounted to 4 billion DKK.
However, the government is doing everything possible to prevent unlicensed foreign gambling websites providing services to the Danes. This led to the fact that only in 2012, 57 sites were recorded in the blacklist.
No wonder that, after decades of monopoly on gambling in Denmark, Danske Spil company still owns 62% of the market. It may take some time before the other players will be able to compete with the bookmaker, whose services are used to use the majority of the Danish population.
- 1 Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
- 2 Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
- 3 Gambling in Denmark
- 4 Gambling in casinos in Denmark
- 5 Online gambling in Denmark