After the proclamation of independence in the early 1990s, the Latvian gaming industry thrived. However, until 1998, it was completely uncontrolled. Later, however, it was created Inspectorate for Control over gambling and lotteries. By 2013, already 17 licenses have been issued. And by 2012, the turnover of gambling companies in the country amounted to more than 180 million euros, most of which have brought slot machines.
Over time, the gambling laws of the country has gradually tighten control over the sphere of gambling industry. In 2016 the decision was made in Latvia to increase the size of the tax on gambling. This decision and a number of other stringent measures to restrict the scope of gambling led to the fact that the number of gambling was gradually reduced in the country. At present, there are 5 casinos and just over 300 gaming halls – it is almost half compared with 2007.
List of Top 10 Latvian Online Casino Siteslegal casino system - play casino game - betclic casino - all inclusive casino vacations - internet casino gambling online - online casino promotions
Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
$5,000 BONUS on your first 5 deposits - !EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
$2500 BONUS!!! FREE SPINS INCLUDED!
WELCOME PACKAGE - 100 FREE SPINS + $2500 BONUS
WELCOME BONUS $777 FREE on your first three deposits
$3,750 Casino Welcome Bonus
400% BONUS UP TO $3,000 FREE
$50 FREE CHIP [code: SILVER50] OR
400$ Welcome Bonus
Get up to $3000 in Welcome Bonuses
Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
Get up to €140 Welcome Bonus
100% up to €4000 - EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
100% first deposit bonus up to €200 free with bonus code WELCOME777
100 free spins at Casumo Casino
We’ll double your first deposit with a 100% up to $100 Welcome Bonus
GET YOUR $1600 FREE
Get your €3,200 WELCOME BONUS
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
300% up to $3,200
GET YOUR $1000 FREE
Get Your €5000 Welcome Bonus
Get your 200% up to €400
Online gambling in Latvia
The market of online gambling in the country was legalized and regulated in 2003. All sites online gambling in Latvia offering Latvian players gambling must undergo compulsory licensing and pay a tax of 10% of all revenues. However, there are plans to change the laws of online gambling in Latvia, which became the object of attention in Europe since 2011, and has not yet been fulfilled.
According to the law of 2014, all online gambling establishments in Latvia, including the most famous poker rooms from around the world should be registered in the country to legally provide their services to citizens of Latvia. At the same time, constantly expanding the list of blocked sites gambling online gambling, which today has more than a thousand domains.
Sites online casino accepts players from Latvia
See a list of online casino sites that accept players from Latvia, and offering high-quality and safe games. Here you will find a wide range of entertainment from slot machines to casino games live from such famous software vendors as NetEnt, Merkur, IGT, Novoline, Microgaming, Betsoft, Rival Gaming , and many others.
You can also read our reviews of online casino sites, to be aware of the best online promotions, bonuses and payment options available to players from Latvia.
Gambling in Latvia
Latvia – a country with a sophisticated elegance, famous for its amber, salmon and great views of the Baltic Sea. The narrow streets of Riga, Jurmala and the famous resort on the northern restrained, but no less beautiful nature – all this is the hallmark of this country. And that’s how things are with the casino business in Latvia and whether there is an opportunity to play in this country in the online casino and we will try to clarify in this article.
Casino in Latvia:
- The history of gambling from 1990 to the present day;
- Illegal international operators blocked;
- If the international operator is not blocked, it is allowed. But it may get to the list of illegal at any time;
- Local operators are licensed and offer their services in the Internet space. These are sites like: Optibet, Olympic Casino Latvia, Joker Ltd, viensviens.lv, “DLV”, “Alfor”. All 6 are on .lv domains;
- In Riga, 30 land-based casinos. Located in the hotel. 18 + passport;
- How to start playing in an online casino? Rules and tips.
Learn more about the most famous casinos in Latvia and about the interesting facts, read our article.
Latvia laws on gambling – historical background
In Soviet times, Latvia fully comply with the legislation of the USSR and gambling on its territory was conducted. In the course were the only state lottery. August 21, 1991 Latvia declares its independence, and from this date in this country begins its path of development of the gambling sector. Major events and legislative solutions we present in table form for clarity.
|Year||Changes in laws and|
|1990||The first casino “Riga” in the eponymous hotel. Casinos operate under license, but they give a few gos. authorities – local authorities, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Finance. In practice, this leads to the fact that no one knows exactly how many of the country which issued the license and how casinos operate.|
|1994||The adoption of the first laws “On lotteries and gambling” and “On the duties and taxes on lotteries and gambling.” These laws regulate the payment of taxes on gambling, as well as set the size of fees for issuing licenses and permits to engage in gambling.|
|1995||Foreign companies can have no more than 49% of the operator’s share capital. Organization of the Latvian Association of Gaming Business.|
|2005||The new law “On Gambling and Lotteries” – tightening requirements for the organization of the casino and to the visitors. It should be a video surveillance system, enhanced security, labels, informing about possible gambling addiction.|
|2014||Since June 1, the beginning of the blocking of international online casinos and betting operators that do not have a license in Latvia. Lock is engaged in inspection supervision of the Lotteries and Gambling (Lotteries and Gambling Supervision Inspection- IAUI). Officially, can work only those online operators that received licenses is in Latvia and meet the requirements of the law and pay taxes regularly.|
That in fact these laws mean for the player?
Online casinos in Latvia:
- Illegal casinos in Latvia blocked Internet operators. If you have access to an online casino, so it can be played.
- A brief summary. There is access online – you can play. But the list of illegal sites is constantly growing, be careful. If your casino will be in the “black list” of the access to the account will be difficult to remove and can only win you from another country.
Offline Casino Latvia:
- typically found in hotels;
- between the ages of 18 and a passport.
How to start playing in an online casino?
Let’s see what you need to do in order to play at an online casino was enjoyable, rather than a problem.
- Does the game legally in the online casino? At present in Latvia the situation is such that what is not prohibited and is not blocked – enabled. If you have access to the site, then you can play. Sometimes casino sites themselves block users from certain countries by IP address. Full information can be found directly on the casino site.
- Are online casinos reliable? For this you can use our list of trusted casinos and clarify their legality in the territory of Latvia (the regulator can add the site at any time, so the 100% guarantee on the list, alas, no one can not give. Or yourself to find the right online operator. Main on you need to pay attention:
- Licensed online casinos are publicly available;
- Work experience at least 3 years;
- Player’s comments (positive and negative);
- The presence of feedback – contact details, e-mail, chat;
- Licensed software known developers (Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, etc.);
- protection system – SSL encryption, verification of personal data.
- Is there a suitable payment method for adding or withdrawing funds?
- Is there a bonus system? What wager and “acting out” conditions? What are the loyalty program?
- Are there any games that you like? It does all clear information about casino games rules, site navigation?
Once you ask yourself these questions – you’re almost ready to start the game. We recommend that you test at the beginning of the casino without deposit (usually there are free games), as well as read the game rules and advice on bankroll management if necessary. So you can get the maximum pleasure and minimize the loss of their funds.
Casino in Riga
In the capital of Latvia about 30 gambling establishments of various sizes. Let us consider the two largest and most luxurious – of Olympic the Voodoo Casino and Royal Casino .
Do not worry, the casino has nothing to do with black magic. This first class restaurant, located in Hotel Radisson Blu near the Old Town. There are a lot of slots, tables for roulette, blackjack and poker.
Every Friday and Saturday at the Olympic Voodoo Casino live music in the bar these days it is a pleasure to sit.
A little further from the center – Royal Casino Spa is Hotel & Resort . Old, very beautiful, very large entertainment complex with a nightclub, a bar, a restaurant and, of course, a casino.
The gambling part of the complex looks very expensive – gold, glitter, vintage things, which resembles the royal chambers. Royal Casino hosted World Championship of Poker , as well as the Unibet the Open .
Dress code in both institutions if there is, very “soft”. Just get dressed decently and no problems will not be input.
Passed 18 years.
Riga, Latvia: “Paris of the North”
For centuries, Riga was the most important and largest city in north-eastern Europe. Now in the Latvian capital, is home to a little less than 700 thousand people.
Riga is located on the banks of the Daugava River, for which he has repeatedly compared with Paris. Like in Tallinn, Riga has an amazing Old Town , caught in a loop of the times, as well as a number of buildings in completely different styles – from Gothic to Art Nouveau.
Latvia’s history is complex and heterogeneous. The country does not again find themselves at the center of the confrontation of the great powers. Numerous wars have strongly influenced the modern image of Riga.
Fifty years Latvia was part of the Soviet Union and gained independence in 1991.
In 2014 Riga will become European Capital of Culture.
Latvia on the map of Europe
1. Old Town: the maze of streets, cobblestone, a unique medieval character. Be sure to check out the Town Hall Square. There are a lot of interesting things. From Baroque buildings, art nouveau and gothic eyes do not tear.
In the old town of many churches – such as St. Peter’s Church . Until recently, by the way, it is the tallest building in the city – more than 120 meters.
Ibid – Cat House, three historic houses called Three Brothers, Dome Cathedral and, of course, the Riga Castle. Unfortunately, this summer the castle was severely damaged by fire, irrevocably lost thousands of exhibits and books from the library.
2. Freedom Monument: one of the symbols of the city. It looks like a statue of a woman holding over his head three stars. The stars symbolize the three provinces of Latvia. It was established in 1935 in honor of the fallen fighters for the independence of the country. In the Soviet period, the monument would carry, but still left.
Around the Freedom Monument is a park where you can stroll and enjoy a cup of coffee.
3. Central Market: south of the old town there is a huge market where you can buy everything – clothes, food, books – and with a reasonable price. The market is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A significant part of it is located in the old hangar originally built to serve the airships.
Tourists can not ignore such a unique shopping center. It’s safe, but be careful it’s worth: such a place – a paradise for pickpockets.
Facts about Latvia
Population: 2 million people.
Area: 64.589 m 2 .
Language: Latvian, about half the population speaks in Russian.
Currency: Latvian lat.
How to get to Riga: direct daily flights from Moscow, St. Petersburg, Minsk, Kiev and other cities; trains also run every day. To enter Latvia Russians need a visa.
- 1 Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
- 2 Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
- 3 Gambling in Latvia