Unlike the Arab Emirates and many other countries, in Finland the management of gambling is a state monopoly. Money earned from lotteries, slot machines and casinos, go for social needs and charity.
For today in Finland there is only one real casino – the Grand Casino Helsinki (Grand Casino Helsinki). This gambling establishment is located in the heart of the Finnish capital, on Mikonkatu street. You can get there by almost any type of transport.
Grand Casino Helsinki is located in a newly reconstructed building dating back to the early 20th century. Its total area is 2500 m2. This space hosts more than three hundred slot machines, a poker club and 20 tables for other games (roulette, Black Jack, Texas Hold’em, Punto Banco), three bars and two restaurants.
List of Top 10 Finnish Online Casino Sites
The casino opens its doors every day at 12:00. However, “live” card tables begin to function only at 13:30. Until this time, players are only available one-handed bandits, electronic poker tables and a roulette TouchBet. The entrance is officially free, but the wardrobe services will cost you € 2. By the way, the minimum bet in the casino is exactly the same amount.
In a casino people under 18 years are not supposed, and also the comrades dressed in sports suits and not handed over the outer clothing to the wardrobe. It should be noted that the face control at the Grand Casino Helsinki is very loyal and calm about the jeans, but he does not miss the crumpled and unshaven ones.
Now a few words about money. In the Grand Casino Helsinki, all calculations are conducted only in euros. Bars and restaurants accept for payment both cards and cash, but in the casino chips are changed only to cash European rubles. However, this does not mean that you will have to go an institution with pockets full of banknotes. You can easily come with a plastic card and withdraw from it the necessary amount of cash at the local ATM, which is located next to the reception desk.
As mentioned above, the Grand Helsinki Casino is not just a gambling hall. In bars and restaurants you can eat well, watch television broadcasts of sports competitions and listen to live music. In addition, the Fennia Salon restaurant regularly hosts show programs, which are attended by teams of various fame and popularity. The ticket price for “show + dinner” ranges from 50 to 100 €.
Casino and ferry In addition to the large capital casino, in Finland there are many more small game halls “Potti” and a network of club clubs “Club RAY”. In the first there are no real card tables, and the rates can not exceed 20 €. Clubs “Potti”, as a rule, are located at shopping centers and have the same work schedule. In “Club RAY”, there are restrictions on the rates, but they do not only have machines, but also “live” card tables. The largest clubs of this network are located in Jyväskylä (Kauppakatu 41) and Turku (Eerikinkatu 10).
Also officially Finland owns several “floating casinos”. These are small ferries equipped with tables for playing roulette, poker and blackjack. They appeared immediately after the ban on casinos in Russia, and moored in St. Petersburg, but the game begins only in neutral or Finnish waters.
In addition, enterprising Finns expect to open another large casino in Eastern Finland, in the immediate vicinity of the Finnish-Russian border. The opening is scheduled for 2015.
Gambling in Finland
Today, we continue our tradition of traveling around Europe. We have already visited Prague, Tallinn, Minsk, Warsaw, Vilnius and Riga. This time CasinoToplists invites you to visit the picturesque country in northern Europe, with many rivers and lakes – Finland. We learn a lot of interesting as the country itself, as well as gambling. So our virtual tour begins!
Summary of the article:
- Finland – a little bit of geography and history;
- Land-based casinos in the country at the moment: the monopoly of the state;
- The most famous casinos – «Grand Casino Helsinki»;
- Five sights Finland capital Helsinki with addresses;
- Interesting facts about the Finns and Finland.
A brief history of Finland
The first settlements on the territory of modern Finland have appeared during the Ice Age, which is about 8,500 years BC.
The history of this state is inextricably linked with its neighbors: Sweden and Russia . Several centuries Finland was ruled by Sweden, September 5, 1809 Sweden was forced to sign a peace agreement with Alexander I.
Since Finland was annexed to Russia. But not for long – already December 4, 1917 declaration of independence was signed.
Casino «Grand Casino Helsinki»
Gambling in Finland are not prohibited, but monopolized by the state. This means that all revenue from gambling is the country’s budget to charity, as well as for health and social programs.
There is the so-called Association RAY (playing machines Association) – that it belongs to the country’s only casino and all the slot machines.
In the end, the entire revenue from gambling is collected and distributed by a special committee at the rate of 70% of the needs of all kinds of charitable organizations ( “Union of Disabled”, “Union of Orphans” and other associations), while 30% is spent on maintenance of gambling and salary workers.
In addition, it is monitored to citizens: you can get to the casino only upon reaching 18 years of age. And yes, be prepared that the first visit you are asked a passport and photograph – you need to compile your “Information Card Player”.
Dress-code is quite democratic – you can wear everything except tracksuit and sneakers. But the garments you will be asked to hand over to the wardrobe.
Called main casino country «Grand Casino Helsinki» . It is situated in the capital of Finland, in an old building recently renovated hotel palas- «Fennia» ( «Fenniya”) at Mikonkatu 19. The casino is open from 12.00 to 04.00.
Here, fans play games of chance casinos offer American roulette, Baccarat , Black Jack , Red-Dog, Oasis Poker.
If you prefer slot machines, among 300 options you certainly will find himself something to their liking. Especially popular Derby Horse, Touch Bet Roulette and Lightning Poker.
Fans of card games will be able to find a company to Texas Hold’em, Omaha and other forms of poker . It hosts both the weekly tournaments and the monthly tournament weekend and international poker tournaments, 2 times a year.
Please note – the casino can pay only in cash, but in the restaurant, your credit card is quite suitable as a payment method. The current currency – the euro.
Many who wish to play ride here from St. Petersburg. Still, the way by car takes about 3-6 hours (depending on the border). A train “Allegro” from St. Petersburg whisk you here even faster – in just 3:00. In addition, to receive the Finnish visa not be easy.
- Senate Square (Senaatintori) and the city center. In the center of the square is a monument to Alexander II, because it is connected with his personality beginning of the country’s sovereignty. There is also the monumental Cathedral, the National Library and Presidential Palace. Nearby is the cultural Factory Korjaamo, here are photos – and art exhibitions and museum located trams.
- Winter Garden. Address: Hammarskjöldintie, 1A. This covered all kinds of greenhouse plants and flowers created in the 19th century, Major General Jakob Lindfors. It was he who wanted the entrance was free here, free to all comers – this tradition continues to this day. More than 200 plants from around the world gathered here in thematic halls and amaze everyone all year round. Day off – Monday. Working hours – until 15.00, weekends – up to 16.00.
- Zoo in Helsinki. Address: Helsinki Zoo then Mustikkamaanpolku , 12 . It is “Zoo Helsinki Zoo” on the island of the same name. It affects the abundance of animals (about 200) and plants (around 1000) from all over the world. Practically, here represented by the whole model of the world, with its living inhabitants. In the summer here can be reached by ferry.
- Sea World « Sea Life ». Address: Tivolitie 10. This aquarium in the form of a tunnel, which will sail a variety of marine life right above you. It is a museum of marine life at Linnanmäki, covers an area of 250 square meters. meters and includes 50 aquariums.
Interesting facts about Finland and the Finns
- The country has two official languages: Finnish and Swedish;
- Finland also called “Suomi”, which means “land of bogs”. There are about 189.000 lakes and 179.500 islands;
- 5 million people in the country built more than 2 million saunas, is one of the favorite activities of the Finnish people. There is even a kind of a joke, “Finn can live without a sauna. But not for long. “
- Fines for traffic offenses are calculated depending on the level of income the offender: the higher the declared income, the more he will have to pay;
- 73 days in southern Finland last “White Nights” – the sun does not set at this time;
- Finns are great patriots of their country, they are more likely to buy more expensive domestic products than cheap imports;
- Finns are proud of their dairy products and are very fond of the berries;
- Santa Claus called by Finnish Joulupukki, and he has a wife Joullumuori (which means old-Christmas);
- The Finnish language is quite complex, it 14 active cases and 2 more cases, which are considered obsolete.
Finland on the map of Europe