One of the most beautiful countries for recreation is Azerbaijan. Every tourist can find here for themselves entertainment and a place to visit to taste. For Azerbaijan is characterized by a mild warm climate, pleasant weather, gentle beaches of the Caspian Sea, which will be comfortable for adults and children alike. For connoisseurs of history and architecture in this country there are a lot of valuable sights, such as fortresses, castles, places of stops of the Great Silk Road. For young people Azerbaijan offers a huge assortment of various kinds of entertainment, such as restaurants, bars, nightclubs. A special place in the entertainment industry of Azerbaijan is occupied by gambling establishments and casinos. There are not many such in the country, in connection with the legislation banning gambling, but they exist and are actively working. Most of them offer inexpensive online casinos or slot machines. Here you can play the best slot machines for free and without any money investments.
Most of the entertainment and gambling establishments in Azerbaijan is located in the capital of the country – the city of Baku. All gambling houses located in Baku and in general in the country are heavily bordered in their actions by the legislation of the state, but they are very popular and popular both among the locals and among the guests. For the first time gambling houses and casinos in the form in which they are now appeared in Azerbaijan in the 20s of the 20th century, and this despite the fact that it was Soviet time. But by 1928 they had all been officially closed. At the same time, a number of underground gambling establishments appeared, the bulk of which was located on the territory of Baku.
New gambling establishments of a more legal kind began to open only after 1991 with the collapse of the USSR.The flagship of gambling houses in Azerbaijan was the Admiral Eka casino, which was opened in autumn 1991 in a building opposite the Government House in Baku. From the same moment in the country the adoption of legislation on the prohibition of gambling. Amendments and amendments to the new law were introduced until 1998. It was at that time that the organization of the casino was banned completely. In the number of permitted activities only national lotteries and sports bets fell. Thus, by the end of the nineties of the last century, the gambling business of Azerbaijan returned to the state of the Soviet Union. To this day, it remains in this state, but the issue of softening laws on casinos and gambling in Azerbaijan is already being actively discussed.
List of Top 10 Azerbaijani Online Casino Sites
Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
Get up to €140 Welcome Bonus
Play 888 Casino
18+, T&C's apply
100% up to €4000 - EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
100% first deposit bonus up to €200 free with bonus code WELCOME777
Play 777 Casino
18+, T&C's apply
100 free spins at Casumo Casino
We’ll double your first deposit with a 100% up to $100 Welcome Bonus
GET YOUR $1600 FREE
Get your €3,200 WELCOME BONUS
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
300% up to $3,200
GET YOUR $1000 FREE
Get Your €5000 Welcome Bonus
Get your 200% up to €400
Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
$5,000 BONUS on your first 5 deposits - !EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
$2500 BONUS!!! FREE SPINS INCLUDED!
WELCOME PACKAGE - 100 FREE SPINS + $2500 BONUS
WELCOME BONUS $777 FREE on your first three deposits
$3,750 Casino Welcome Bonus
400% BONUS UP TO $3,000 FREE
$50 FREE CHIP [code: SILVER50] OR
400$ Welcome Bonus
Get up to $3000 in Welcome Bonuses
Gambling in Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan is a country between Europe and Asia, where the culture is close to Turkish, but at the same time the influence of Persia and Russia is felt. This combination makes Azerbaijan a unique country with a rich historical heritage.
Abstract of the article:
- The laws of Azerbaijan on gambling from 1991 to 2016;
- Gambling in the country at the moment:
- Online casinos are allowed (foreign operators);
- There are no surface licensed casinos in Azerbaijan.
- Tips from CasinoToplists on choosing a reliable casino – step-by-step instruction;
- Azerbaijan – geographical location;
- Sights of the capital Baku;
- Interesting facts about the country and its inhabitants.
Here you will find a wonderful vacation, both in the resort in Naftalan, and in the modern cities of this country.
What awaits in Azerbaijan fans of modern entertainment and excitement? Can I play online gambling here?CasinoToplists will try to answer these and many other questions.
Laws of Azerbaijan on gambling – historical information
The history of gambling in Azerbaijan directly depends on the history of the country itself. So during the Soviet Union, Azerbaijan was completely subordinated to the laws of the Soviet Union – on its territory the state had a monopoly on the lottery, and gambling existed only if it was only underground. The Republic of Azerbaijan gained independence from the USSR on August 30, 1991 and since then it has developed its own policy regarding gambling. The main points of this development we have shown in the table.
|Year||Laws and changes|
|1991||The first casino “Admiral Eka” opens in the “Azerbaijan” hotel in Baku. In the same year, the casino “Moscow” was opened. At the moment no normative acts have been adopted.|
|1992||Law No. 258-XII “On Profit Taxes and Certain Types of Income of Legal Entities in the Republic of Azerbaijan”. According to him, gambling establishments must pay a tax of 70% of the profits.|
|1993||Law No. 40.5 “On Entrepreneurship”. The gambling business is equated with business activity and for its opening the same package of documents is required. State registration is required in the Ministry of Justice.|
|1994 – 1996||Several large casinos are opening in the country, among them the casino “Oscar”, a casino in the Grand Hotel Euryore – a joint Azerbaijani-Turkish company with the participation of businessman Omar Topal.|
|1996||Amendments are made to the Law “On Entrepreneurial Activity, now the activities for the organization and maintenance of casinos and sweepstakes are allocated to a separate group.|
|1997||Around the casino, a lot of rumors appear in the Grand Hotel Eurore hotel, in which the son of the country’s president and the Azerbaijani Foreign Minister are involved. This leads to a negative reaction on the part of President Heydar Aliyev, and, as a consequence, the emergence of laws to tighten control over the gaming sector.|
|1999||The Civil Code prohibits gambling and fines. Only state lotteries remain legal.|
|2004||Law No. 594-IG “On Lotteries”. Establishes rules for organizing and conducting lotteries. Allowed sweepstakes.|
|2013||The tax on individuals for the winnings from sports betting has been abolished. Active development of sports betting.|
|2016||The tax on the winnings from the sports totalizator is 10%. The project of the creation of the Financial Stability Committee, which will include representatives of the Ministry of Finance, the Central Bank and the Chamber for the Supervision of the Financial Market. Legislative draft of MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev on legalizing casinos in the country with the purpose of attracting tourism is under consideration of the Azerbaijani parliament.|
What do these laws actually mean for the player?
- To play online gambling in the territory of Azerbaijan it is possible, it is usually foreign operators. Law prohibiting this kind of game there. Like the controlling system. There are no local legal operators of games online – they are not provided for by law.
- It is impossible to play offline gambling and visit land-based casinos in Azerbaijan. By law, all gaming activities are currently banned, excluding sweepstakes and lotteries. There are currently no casinos licensed by the state in Azerbaijan.
The result: in an online casino you can play in foreign casinos, and to play in a land-based casino you will have to go beyond Azerbaijan. Especially popular are the casino of Georgia, as the nearest neighbor.
How to start playing online casinos in Azerbaijan?
If you want to play without leaving the country, then you can do it in a proven online casino abroad. Our instruction will help you take the first steps in this direction and tell you about some of the nuances of the game online.
To begin with, you will need minimal knowledge of English, because virtually all foreign casinos use English as their main language. If knowledge is not very much, then you can use an interpreter on the Internet.
How to choose a reliable casino
This step is very responsible if you decide to play for real money, because you do not want to win at all and do not get your winnings or spend money on a deposit and then you do not have to end up with anything.
Use our list of casinos to save time on searches or try to find a casino on your own, which must necessarily satisfy the following conditions:
- The presence of a license (the exact data of the license itself and the validity period)
- Experience – the longer the market, the better
- Contact information for communication – postal address, e-mail, working customer support, chat
- Data about the software ( the software must be trusted companies such as Playtech, NetEnt, Microgaming, Novomatic, Play’n Go, Realtime Gaming.
- Terms of registration on the site – whether you need confirmation of the account (in fact, strict requirements to the player – this is only confirmation of your safety, as it excludes fraud with the help of bots and shows the seriousness of the casino). The casino can request confirmation of the identity (right with a photo or scan of the passport, there may be a call from the casino manager). This moment is very individual and each casino has its own requirements.
These are the main criteria for choosing a casino. In addition, we recommend that you pay attention to:
- Availability of a suitable game payment system ( Visa , WebMoney , Yandex.Money , etc.). Such systems each casino offers several to choose from. Be sure to read the conditions for withdrawing the winnings – which will be more profitable for you;
- Availability of free and paid games;
- Is there a need to download the software or can I play in the browser?
- Clearance of the casino, clear information, convenient casino navigation. You should understand what this casino offers.
- Wager and bonus conditions;
- The choice of games – the more variety, the better.
We recommend that you first try the casino in the test mode – free casino games , look closely and then later cost to enter real money into the game. Far from being superfluous will also be familiar with our materials on the systems, rules and strategies of games. So your bankroll will be more secure. And this will help prolong your game and get from it the maximum possible pleasure.
Location of Azerbaijan and a brief historical background
The Azerbaijan Republic is a unitary state on the shore of the Caspian Sea. Its history totals 5 thousand years. Modern territory was a part of many states: Manna, Atropatena, Iskim, Skeet, Skif, Caucasian Albania, Arab Caliphate, Iran.
Since the 7th century, a large part of the population has converted to Islam, which has determined the direction of development. Modern borders were formed in 1920 along with the emergence of the Azerbaijan Soviet Socialist Republic, which then entered the Transcaucasian Socialist Federative Soviet Republic, and with it to the USSR. In 1936 the Azerbaijan SSR became an independent republic. And in 1991 Azerbaijan with independence of the USSR gained independence.
The capital of the country is the city of Baku. The official language is Azerbaijani. Nearest neighbors: Russia, Armenia, Georgia, Nagorno-Karabakh, Iran, Turkey.
Azerbaijan on the map of Asia
Sights of Baku
- Palace of shirvanshahs . Address: Sabayil, Baku. This palace complex, built from the 13th to the 16th century, is the former residence of the rulers of Shirvan. In addition to the main palace, the complex includes a burial vault, a 15th-century mosque and the Diwan Khan court.
- Maiden’s Tower . Address: Downtown Baku. This is one of the symbols of Baku, towering in the coastal part of the capital Icheri Sheher. The tower is on a rock. The mystery of history is the date of construction, but it clearly refers to the pre-Islamic period.
- Museum of the Azerbaijani carpet . Address: Netchilar Ave, Baku. This is the world’s first museum of carpets. The current exposition includes more than 10 000 samples. But in the museum there are not only carpets, but also bronze, ceramics, ornaments, national clothes, objects of applied art, embroidery.The oldest exhibits date back to the 15th century.
- The center of Heydar Aliyev . Address: Heydər Əliyev prospekti, Baku. The cultural center of Baku, which is a whole complex, is a unique architectural project created by Zaha Hadid.
- The Bibi-Heybat Mosque . Address: Bibi Heybat, Baku. This mosque, built in the 90s of the 20th century, recreates the 13th-century Bibi-Eybat Mosque, which was destroyed by the Bolsheviks.
Interesting facts about Azerbaijan and Azerbaijanis
- The first modern oil well in the world was drilled in Azerbaijan, in Baku.
- Azerbaijan was the first of the Muslim countries to grant women the same political freedom as men.
- At the beginning of the 20th century, Baku produced 50% of the world’s oil.
- As early as 1850, only 7,400 people lived in Baku, today there are 2 million 150,000 people living there.The city shows the world’s largest population growth rates. Also Baku is one of the most international cities on the planet, because here people of 72 nationalities live.
- The Nobel Prize could not have existed without Azerbaijan, since it is based on capital earned from oil from Baku.
- The first train in the USSR was launched in Baku.
- There are 350 mud volcanoes in Azerbaijan, while there are only 800 of them in the world.
- The first opera of the Muslim East – “Leili and Majnun” was staged in Baku.
- 1 Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
- 2 Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
- 3 Gambling in Azerbaijan
- 3.1 How to start playing online casinos in Azerbaijan?