Gambling is not always enjoyed wide popularity in Norway. In the ’40s and’ 50s, even a simple card games were not approved by society. Now Norway has two state-owned companies, which have the right to offer gambling Norwegians. Norsk Tipping manages lotteries, sports betting and instant games, and Norsk Rikstoto controls the betting on horse racing. Slots are very popular in the country, but they were banned in 2007, and then re-presented in the form of interactive video terminals that require special cards. These cards are linked to bank accounts of players and are subject to strict limitations.
Online Gambling in Norway
Online gambling is legal in Norway, but the situation here is rather complicated. Norsk Tipping, the state company that controls all lottery and sports betting in Norway, went online in 2002. Currently this is the only web site where Norwegian players can legally place sports bets, as from December 2008 to use the services of foreign sites online gambling in Norway is illegal.
The ban includes circuitry similar to the laws of gambling in the United States – Norges Bank is not allowed to transfer funds from the Norwegian accounts to the accounts of foreign gambling operators. However, the government plans to finalize blocking foreign providers have not yet been implemented, and foreign operators are available to local players.
List of Top 10 Norwegian Online Casino Sites
Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
Get up to €140 Welcome Bonus
Play 888 Casino
18+, T&C's apply
100% up to €4000 - EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
100% first deposit bonus up to €200 free with bonus code WELCOME777
Play 777 Casino
18+, T&C's apply
100 free spins at Casumo Casino
We’ll double your first deposit with a 100% up to $100 Welcome Bonus
GET YOUR $1600 FREE
Get your €3,200 WELCOME BONUS
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
300% up to $3,200
GET YOUR $1000 FREE
Get Your €5000 Welcome Bonus
Get your 200% up to €400
Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY with a 200% MATCH on your first deposit
$5,000 BONUS on your first 5 deposits - !EXCLUSIVE OFFER!
$2500 BONUS!!! FREE SPINS INCLUDED!
WELCOME PACKAGE - 100 FREE SPINS + $2500 BONUS
WELCOME BONUS $777 FREE on your first three deposits
$3,750 Casino Welcome Bonus
400% BONUS UP TO $3,000 FREE
$50 FREE CHIP [code: SILVER50] OR
400$ Welcome Bonus
Get up to $3000 in Welcome Bonuses
Sites online casinos that accept players from Norway
See a list of online casino sites that accept players from Norway, and offers high-quality and safe games. Here you will find a wide range of entertainment from slot machines to casino games live from such famous software vendors as NetEnt, Merkur, IGT, Novoline, Microgaming, Betsoft, Rival Gaming , and many others.
You can also read our reviews of online casino sites, to be aware of the best online promotions, bonuses and payment options available to players from Norway.
Gambling in Norway
Today we continue our journey through the countries of Scandinavia and our path lies in the beautiful country of fjords, beautiful waterfalls, ice and polar auroras – in Norway. This amazing country with a harsh climate does not leave you indifferent. We walk through the streets of Oslo, as well as find out how things are going with gambling. What are the secrets and peculiarities keeps this country?
Summary of the article:
- Norway – a little about the country and its history;
- Land-based casinos in the country are not currently available and is illegal;
- The two companies «Norsk Tipping» and «Norsk Rikstoto» – are authorized to conduct gambling;
- Authorized lotteries, betting on sports events, scratch cards, keno, poker since 2015.
- Online casinos in the country:
- all foreign casinos have been banned since 2010, many continue to play illegally, since not all the international sites are blocked;
- norsk-tipping.no/kongkasino – the only approved site.
- Five sights Norwegian capital Oslo with addresses;
- Interesting facts about Norway and its inhabitants.
A brief history of Norway
Norway is the kingdom of Northern Europe, which is located in the western portion of the Scandinavian Peninsula. The country also includes the whole scattering of small islands.
Most likely, the country’s name came from the Old Norse word ” Norðrvegr “, which means “the way of the north.” And it should be noted, is very harsh climate of the country left its mark on its history. After the ice age in what is now Norway has been very favorable climate, so it was densely populated.
But with an increase in soil density of population dwindled, and the male half of the population longed for fame and wealth. Therefore, very soon the era of Viking conquests, the territory of which the income is up to Turkey itself.
In the 18-19 century Norway comes under the influence of neighboring Denmark and Sweden and almost loses the status of an independent state. But in 1905 the results of the popular vote the union with Sweden was dissolved and the country gained sovereignty. Now Norway’s constitutional monarchy, the king‘s name is Harold V.
Gambling in Norway
Let us say at once, gambling in this country is very strogo.Po compared to the neighboring countries Swedenand Finland are the most severe laws regarding gambling. In the country there are only 2 companies ( «Norsk Tipping» and «Norsk Rikstoto»), who are authorized to conduct gambling. Basically it is a lottery, betting on sports events and keno. They are subject to the Ministry of Culture, which also sets its own rules. These include the age limit to 18 years.
Slot machines in Norway had a rapid flowering in 2001-2004, but in 2007 the government introduced a strict control of their size and significantly reduced their number. Of online gambling in the country had no better luck: since June 2010, all the major overseas sites banned in Norway, and the banks are blocking all debit and credit cards in the Norwegian online casinos around the world.
Of course, if you want to arrange another partiyu- poker at home, then you for it will be nothing. But if it will be systematically and law enforcement agencies assigned to your busy business status – criminal liability to you will not escape. Due to such a strict attitude to gambling in the news frequently flashed reports of raids in illegal casinos and poker clubs, and fans passion have to play for fun outside of the country.
- Viking Ship Museum. Address: Huk Aveny 35. Since 1931, this collection of ships pleases eyes and inquisitive minds turistov.Ekspozitsiya is a 3 spacecraft, built in the 9th century, and lain on the seabed more than 1,000 years.
- Munch Museum. Address: Toyengata, 53. This museum has collected about 28,000 paintings, posters, sketches and artifacts that accompanied the life of the great artist. Visitors under 18 free of charge entrance to the museum. Here show films about the artist and hosts concerts and performances.
- Amusement Park “Tusenfrid”. Address: Hoyungsletta, 1407 As (it is approximately 20 km from Oslo). During this park has earned the reputation of extreme amusement park in Scandinavia. If you have nerves of steel, we recommend you try the «Speed Monster»: race car with a capacity of 6,000 horsepower will develop a speed of 90 km / h in just 2 seconds and the rally 7 times you will find yourself in a state of weightlessness. There is also a water park, children’s attractions and many cafes.
- Park “Gustav Vigeland.” Address: Nobels gate 32. Do you prefer to consider the sculpture in the open air? Then this option you perfect. Here, among the manicured trees and beautiful landscapes you will find 212 sculptures made of granite and bronze.
- Town Hall building. Address: Fridtjof Nansens plass. Fascinating historic building from the outside and the inside is very interesting. Since 1990 it was held here the Nobel Prize. Inside the building you will find a magnificent decoration of rooms, magnificent paintings and delicate frescoes.
Interesting facts about Norway and Norwegians
- Norway is a small country – only about 5 million inhabitants. The main natural treasure of Norway – oil. It was found in 1969 and has since exported to Europe;
- Paperclip invented and patented the Norwegian Johan Valer;
- Weather in Norway is changing at lightning speed. There’s even a relevant saying: “I do not like our weather? Not a problem, wait for 15 minutes “;
- «Brunost» – brown goat cheese, one of the most favorite delicacies in this country;
- Number of children in the family here is the clearest sign of well-being. The average number of children in the family – three;
- The coat of arms of the king can be read the motto “All for Norway”;
- Local salary 5 to 7 thousand euro, but taxes in this country is high, and the products are very expensive, even more expensive services (taxis, repair, etc.);
- “Aquavit” (Latin for “Living Water”) – the national alcoholic drink in the 35 – 50% is processed potato alcohol, infused for several years on the spices (cumin, coriander, fennel, anise, cinnamon, fennel, St. John’s wort ). But just do not buy alcohol. It is sold only in specialized stores «Vinmonopolet». This network alkomarketov is owned by the state and only work on weekdays.
Norway on the map of Europe
- 1 Top 10 Best Europe Online Casinos 2018:
- 2 Top 10 Best USA Online Casinos 2018:
- 3 Gambling in Norway